Keep Your Kids Moving This Summer! Summer is a child’s paradise! With school out, kids (like me!) have a lot more downtime to go out and have fun! Make sure to keep your kids moving this summer with these awesome LA events! From music performances to summer camps, these LA activities are sure to keep your kids moving this summer!
Camps are a fun easy way to keep your kids moving during summer. You can opt for a day camp or an overnight camp where they can learn how to be away from home. Here are some of the coolest camps I found!
- The California Science Center’s Hands-on-Science camp is for children from preschool to 8th grade. There are over 25 imaginative science classes for children, kids get to have fun and learn about science. Win-win situation!
- The LACMA Summer Art camp allows kids to explore the museum’s galleries and explore their creativity in summer sessions taught by real artists! Camp sessions are for children ages 6-9 and ages 10-13. LACMA also offers some Summer art classes for kids, teens, and families!
- If you’re looking for more summer camps to keep your kids moving, check out Yelp for help. Find local 5 star summer camps!
- Summer Sounds is a musical festival for children ages 3-11 at the incredible Hollywood Bowl. Each week features music from different parts of the world. There’s even an outdoor fine arts studio. It’s a daily event at 10 and 11:15 am, and it only costs $7. (The art studio costs $3.)
- On most Saturdays in July and August, the Ford Ampitheatre invites you and your family to watch family friendly shows in a fun and exciting atmosphere. It’s FREE for kids and $5 for adults with reservations required.
- If you’re a Canoga Park local, head on over the Madrid Theater for Monday Morning Concerts. It’s a short concert consisting of a performance, a brief history lesson on the music and cultural presentation, followed by a question-and-answer session with the performers. Not to mention, it’s FREE.
Attend a “story time” at your local library. It’s free, and it gets your kids into reading which is way awesome!
- Have your kids join a community league sport at a local recreational center.
- Visit a national park for free on June 9.
- During July and August, the Annual Long Beach Sea Festival is available for FREE! There are a ton of events all throughout Long Beach including the Chinese Dragon Boat Race and the Great Sand Sculpture event. Lots of fun in the sun by the sea and it’s for the entire family.
- Head on over to Topanga Canyon and catch and interactive outdoor theater performance at the Will Greer Theatricum Botanicum. It costs $8, but it’s money well spent once you see your kids interacting with performers and having the times of their lives. Bring cushions for bench seating.
Keep your kids moving and having fun this summer! If you really run out of ideas, just spend a day together playing board games, making crafts, or just take a walk in the park! Just remember always wear sunblock and have lots of fun! Got any other fun ideas for kids to keep moving this summer? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below!