With the days getting shorter and the nights getting cooler, summer is coming to a close. It’s almost unbelievable that it’s already August! There are so many things I want to do before fall arrives. At times like this, it’s best to decide what will really make the most of your LA summer! Make a summer must dos list, and make the last days of LA summer the best! Spend your days having fun and moving around Los Angeles!
Here are my top 5 LA summer must dos:
- Get a taste of LA summer! There is only one thing that can possibly compete with my love of moving, and that is my love of food! I love all things yummy and delicious, especially when it’s vegetarian! Don’t let summer go by without having some local organic food whether it be food trucks, a farmer’s market, or even a food festival!
- LA Summer Hiking. There’s nothing like waking up early while the weather is still cool, and get moving up a hiking path! Some of my favorite trails are at Griffith Park. Depending on the trail you take, you can see “Bronson Cave” where many popular movies have been shot or the Hollywood Sign or great views from the Griffith Observatory!
- Concert. You can’t miss out on LA summer music! Are you a fan of jazz? Then don’t miss Jazz at LACMA. Experience some of the best jazz musicians that Los Angeles has to offer! There’s also Saturdays Off the 405 at the Getty Center. Breathtaking views with food and outdoor music! It’s not a LA summer until you’ve gotten moving and grooving to some great music.
- Outdoor Movie Screening. Combine amazing local food trucks and the fun experience of an outdoor theatre, and you’ve got the Street Food Cinema. There’s no experience quite like watching an outdoor movie screening. With shows scheduled well into September, there is no excuse to miss out on this great outdoor movie screening event!
- Spend the day at the beach. No LA summer is complete without heading to the beach and enjoying that LA summer sun! Pack yourself lunch and make the most of your day at the beach. Spend time in the ocean waves or sitting on the beach getting a tan. Eat a picnic on a beach and work off lunch by playing some beach volleyball. At the end of the night, enjoy a bonfire with friends.
Los Angeles is a big city with so much to do! What is on your list of LA summer must dos? Make the most of your LA summer!