Stuck inside on a rainy day or maybe a blizzard has you snowed in? Don’t give in to the rainy day blues. It’s the perfect time to have a movie night. You can finally catch up on all your shows or checkout that movie your friend is always telling you about. Netflix is a great platform for watching movies. Grab some snacks, a few blankets and pillows, and your fluffiest pets, and get moving to the living room for a movie night!
Movie Night: Family Movies
- “A game for those who seek to find. A way to leave their world behind.” Forget about the world outside. Enter the world of Jumanji where animals come to life! Get lost in the adventure of a lifetime and let the games begin!
- Hugo is the story of a 12-year-old boy who discovers a family secret that will take him of a journey across the city in search of answers and fabled legends. Full of magic, wonder, and stunning visual effects, Hugo is sure to brighten even the gloomiest of days.
Movie Night: Animated Movies
- Travel back in time to the stone age and meet the first modern family, The Croods! Join Eep and her family as they race against the clock to make it to the other side of the world before their half is destroyed. On the way they’ll encounter fantastical new creatures and breathtaking views.
- Journey to the future and visit the world of tomorrow in Disney’s Treasure Planet. Follow Jim on his interplanetary voyage into the depths of the universe as joins a band of space pirates and goes on the treasure hunt of the century.
Movie Night: Comedies
- In Coming to America, Eddie Murphy brings all the 80’s glam to the screen. He plays an African prince who comes to America to find a wife. Along the way he meets some curious but loveable characters.
- Flypaper is another favorite and top Netflix pick. In this witty comedy two groups of bank robbers show up to rob a bank on the same day. One of the hostages, a contemporary Sherlock Holmes, must work fast to solve the problem before the situation escalates and chaos ensues.
Movie Night: Indies
- Chef is a precocious comedy that follows a professional chef around the back alleys, beaches, and bayous of America. Sit back and enjoy the ride as he travels across the country with his best friend and son as they dish out all the best food you’ve never heard of.
- Mr. Nobody is a sci-fi, existential, whirlwind. It explores the idea of alternate realities and parallel universes while reexamining what it means to love, die, and live forever.
Movie Night: Romance
- Dirty Dancing is a classic. What’s not to love about this movie? Great soundtrack. Great performances. Great costumes. It also one of the most quoted romantic movies of the decade. Put on your dancin’ shoes and get moving to Dirty Dancing because “nobody puts Baby in a corner.”
- Stardust is not your typical Hollywood love story. Sure it’s full of witches, princes, and pirates, but they are far from cliche. These characters are satires of the cliche and are not afraid to break the rules when it comes to getting their way.
Movie Night: Action Adventure
- Mission Impossible was a huge hit and is still mesmerizing audiences almost 20 years later. You can catch all the leaps, falls, and explosions anytime on Netflix.
- Snowpiercer has been critically acclaimed for it’s direction, cast, and storytelling. A contemporary commentary on social structure and class issues. This Action film also gives you something to think about.
Who doesn’t love a good feel good movie? The selection of movies on Netflix is full of classics, new favorites, and even a few odd but lovable underdogs.
What movies are you excited to watch at your movie night? Did I leave out any of your favorites? Tell me about it in the comments section below!