Mother’s Day is just around the corner! How do you celebrate the person in your life that keeps you steady and loves you unconditionally? I adore my mom, so the perfect gift is a great way to show her how much I care. Because I also love Mother Earth and some fantastic charities, I thought I would share with you some of my favorite Mother’s Day gift ideas. Make Mother’s Day special this year with these great Mother’s Day gift ideas:
DIY Mother’s Day Gifts
DIY a Mother’s Day gift for your mom! Something made with love is always much appreciated. Some of my favorite ideas for homemade gifts are yummy treats, a coupon book filled with Mother’s Day delights like free hugs, free doing the dishes, and free day of spending time together, or these other DIY Mother’s Day ideas. These DIY seed bombs sound like so much fun to make (and they are the perfect Mother’s Day gift for your green mom!)
Donate to Charity for Mother’s Day
What better way to show your mom you care than by showing her you care about other people, too? For Mother’s Day, donating some moolah in Mom’s name is sure to make her smile. Here are some of my favorite charities to donate to for Mother’s Day:
– Claire Wineland is a fantastic young woman with a fantastic charity that supports families living with Cystic Fibrosis. A donation to Claire’s Place is a donation to more smiles, laughs, and love in the world.
– A Kiva gift card is one of the best Mother’s Day gifts for moms that care about other people (a.k.a. every mom!). With a Kiva gift card, Mom can choose to give a micro loan to people around the world. When the loan is repaid, she gets to choose another! It’s the Mother’s Day gift that keeps on giving!
– What mom doesn’t want to donate some adorable baby chicks or a goat? With Heifer International, you can make a difference in someone’s life. It’s a fantastic Mother’s Day gift!
Green Gifts for Mother’s Day
So you already got mom a sustainable plant for the last holiday and you’re wondering what to do for Mother’s Day? Here are some of my favorite green Mother’s Day gifts:
- Water Bobble – On Mother’s Day, keep mom happy and healthy with bottled filtered water anywhere! (And she will love the cute colors of the filters!)
- GrowBottle Upcycled Hydrogardens – Does your mom always say she wants a garden? This is the next best thing. Grow some mint, parsley, oregano, or basil in an old wine bottle!
- Paddywax Candles – Mother’s Day just got even greener with these candles that come in upcycled wine bottles!
How are you celebrating Mother’s Day? Have any unique Mother’s Day gifts in mind? Let us know about them in the Comments section!