You are undertaking a major life change. You are moving. There is so much to think about and plan. A lot of things to do. Having to start life in a new place is a challenge for anyone. You want the transition to be as comfortable as possible for your loved ones. So how do you make the first night in a new home go smoothly for each member of your family?
There’s a simple solution.
For each member of your family, pack a suitcase with these essentials:
- Linens and pillows.
- Clean PJs.
- A fresh change of clothes.
- Toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, toilet paper, and towels.
- Medications, eyeglasses, or contact lenses and solutions.
- Your kid’s favorite teddy bear, bedtime story, and night light.
- Cell phone, computer, and chargers.
- A bag for each pet with food, food bowls, toys, leash, and bed.
Keep your family happy and fed.
Pack a box with food and healthy treats for moving day and for breakfast the next day. Include a few dishes, silverware, paper towels, snacks, and food.
Remember to personally move your valuables like credit cards, wallets, and jewelry. Keep them safely tucked away.
What if you’re moving a long distance?
Bring clothing and essentials for at least a week while you’re waiting for the moving truck to arrive. No one wants to have to start a new school in their PJs.
Enjoy that first night.
Being able to easily grab what you need will make your first night in your new place feel like home. Sit back and relax in your new surroundings. You’ve moved happiness home.
Images via NorthStar Moving.