Los Angeles is always up to date with the newest trends. Going green and becoming more eco-conscious is on the rise. That being said, I know it can sometimes be hard to find a good vegan or vegetarian restaurant, so I’ve compiled a list of all the best spots to go green in LA.
All Green Everything: LA’s Best Green Restaurants
- Flore Vegan Cuisine is located in Silver Lake. Named LA’s best restaurant in 2012 by the readers of LA Weekly, Flore is known for the fresh and organic ingredients used in their wraps and sandwiches.
Sage Organic Vegan Bistro serves in season farm-to-table produce that is locally grown. They have restaurants located in Culver City, Pasadena and Echo Park; it is easy to see how the surrounding areas have influenced their food.
- Vinh Loi Tufu is a local favorite. Located in Reseda, their Vietnamese inspired vegetarian menu offers 20 different tofu dishes all made with 100 percent non-GMO soybeans!
- Shojin is a Japanese vegan restaurant with locations in Culver City and Downtown LA. They get creative when it comes to their menu by serving dishes like pumpkin soup and grapefruit quinoa salad.
- Follow Your Heart is a vegetarian market and café. Located in Canoga Park, it has been described as a window to another era. Customers can enjoy their “home-style comfort food” with gluten free and non-dairy options, as they’re transported back in time to the 1970s.
- Native Foods is a vegan restaurant located in Santa Monica. It has been featured in The New York Times, Cosmo, and USA Today. With fun menu items like the heart beet, and the scorpion burger they’re sure to keep your stomach not only full but entertained.
- Lotus Vegan is located in North Hollywood and is known for their friendly and outgoing staff. They are proud to serve “organically delicious” Thai food.
- Vegan house, located in Hollywood, serves everything from burgers and sandwiches to curry and noodles. Along with their wide variety of food choices, they also offer delivery services.
What are some of your favorite vegan and vegetarian restaurants in LA? Tell me about them in the comments section below!