You’re moving over a 100 miles and staying in California? Let’s make it a breeze!
NorthStar Moving Company is a full-service moving and storage company, and we’d love to help you with your California intrastate move (moves within California greater than 100 miles). If you’re moving less than 100 miles within California, you need information on California Local Moves.
Here are a few ways we can help you customize your move:
- Experience red carpet service with our Packing and/or Unpacking Services.
- Get the star treatment with our Luxury Packages.
- Not enough room in the new place? Combining two homes? Have a time delay between homes? We offer long- and short-term Storage Options.
- Can’t bear to move that porcelain dog figurine collection you have set up just right? We can move those puppies with our Picture Perfect Moving Service. We’ll take pictures of your current set-up and arrange the pups in the exact same manner.
The cost of a California intrastate move depends on the distance you are moving and the weight of your shipment. Here’s how it works: we will weigh the moving truck with and without your shipment fully loaded at a government regulated weigh station. The difference between those two weights is the weight of your shipment. Unless you’re a weight-guessing pro (and you always win those jelly beans-in-a-jar counting contests), you probably don’t know the exact total weight of your belongings.
We can help you estimate the weight of your belongings and give you rates for budgeting purposes. Just fill out a free online estimate or give us a call at 1-800-ASK-PROS.
NorthStar Moving Company is able to provide low rates because we do something called consolidated shipping. Instead of sending a giant moving truck across the state with only your belongings on board, we consolidate your shipment with other clients’ shipments. This method allows you to receive a greatly reduced rate.
Our client loyalty team can explain every little detail that goes into determining the cost of your move.
- How far are you moving?
- How much stuff are you moving?
- Will you pack yourself or would you like us to pack for you?
- Will you have accessorial charges? This is moving lingo for charges due to obstacles that keep the door of the truck away from the door of your new or old home. This includes things like flights of stairs, elevators, long carries and the need to use a small shuttle vehicle. All moving companies are going to charge you for this, whether they tell you or not. We like to tell you.
- Do you need storage?
- Will you choose any additional valuation? This is insurance lingo. If you do not have coverage, then we recommend purchasing a policy from a third-party insurance company. We can walk you through this process; just give us a call at (800) ASK-PROS prior to your scheduled move.